Kenpo/ Sport Karate/ Gracie Jiu Jitsu/ Kickboxing
Alex started out with Shotokan Karate at the age of seven and studied for two years before switching to Kenpo. From there, he studied hard to reach the level of black belt in seven years under Michael Foley. Alex is an avid competitor who takes in as many tournaments as he can. He has placed first overall in the black belt division multiple times, first as a brown belt and now as an official black belt. In 2009, he received his yellow belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu under master Pedro Sauer and then his green belt under professor Luis Heredia, making him the first to receive both of these belts in Brazilian Jiu Jitsu in the province. In June of 2010, Alex was awarded his blue belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu from Pedro Sauer. On March 19th, 2011 Alex won his kickboxing debut at Fight Night in Paradise 2. Alex is on the mats all of the time, either training or coaching Karate, Kickboxing or Gracie Jiu Jitsu. He spent so much time at the academy as a kid that when he was old enough and had enough experience, we gave him a job.
- 2007- Bronze medal St. John’s open mens black belt sparring.
- 2008- Gold medal CBN open mens black belt sparring.
- 2009- Gold medal Iceberg Classic provincial championships.
- 2009- 2xGold medal Battle on the Rock(sparring and jiu jitsu).
- 2009- Received Yellow Belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Pedro Sauer.
- 2009- Received Green belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Luis Heredia.
- 2009- Received black belt in Kenpo Karate under Michael Foley.
- 2010- Received blue belt in Gracie Jiu Jitsu under Pedro Sauer.
- 2011- Won his kickboxing debut at Fight Night 2.
- 2013- Promoted to 2nd degree black belt by Michael Foley.
- 2015- Promoted to 3rd degree black belt by Michael Foley.
- 2016- 1st place ISKA US Open Sport MMA, Orlando, Fl.
- 3nd degree Black belt in kenpo karate under Michael Foley.
- Blue belt in Gracie jiu jitsu under Pedro Sauer.
- CASK Level 1 nationally certified kickboxing coach.